ReBuilt – Circular and digital renewal of central Europe construction and building sector
The construction industry uses resources to a large extent, while at the same time being a source of waste generation and environmental emissions. Adopting digitally assisted circular practices can help reduce the sector's environmental footprint. The development of the circular economy in this sector by increasing the efficiency of resource management will affect the well-being of Central European society.
Currently, the level of digitally-enhanced innovation in circular construction varies greatly from region to region. Some regions already follow good practices in the use of recycled materials by introducing appropriate administrative procedures, such as end-of-waste criteria for reclaimed materials, others are at the stage of initial steps towards circular construction. There are common problems in all regions, such as: concerns about the use of recycled-based (SRM) products, lack of adequate data on the quality of SRM-based products and their traceability (waste-to-product flow), lack of administrative and legal pathways for product reuse, lack of widely proven business models of the circular economy, no transnational training program for professionals.
In addition to the ZAG Institute from Slovenia as the lead partner, 13 partners from Slovenia, Italy, Austria, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, the Czech Republic, Germany and 6 associated partners from Slovenia, Hungary and Germany participate in the project.
All partners will contribute to the ReBuilt project objectives and deliverables, which are:
- increasing social awareness and promoting circular construction by creating an educational program;
- modernization and piloting of new solutions (technical and digital);
- developing demand-enhancing activities such as the introduction of green labelling, end-of-waste procedures, green public procurement and by creating the first Central European Circular Building Strategy to be implemented through a network of regional Circular Building Hubs.
The products and results of the project will be further used in construction in Central Europe, taking into account the regional urban specificity.
- ZAG ze Slovenia (Coordination)
- 13 partners from Slovenia, Italy, Austria, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, the Czech Republic, Germany and 6 associated partners from Slovenia, Hungary and Germany participate in the project
Project duration: 2023 – 2026
More about ReBuit project on the website: https://www.interreg-central.eu/projects/rebuilt/
The project is financed by the INTERREG Central Europe Programme.