SMART – activity monitoring and training rationalisation system
The aim of the SMART project is to develop an innovative system for activity monitoring and training rationalisation which includes: the system for monitoring the kinetic activity (SMA-K), the system of non-invasive monitoring of physiological and motor parameters (SMA-X) and a comprehensive system for activity monitoring and training rationalisation (SMA-RT).
The result of the SMART project will be an activity monitoring and training rationalisation system focused on motor activation, based on a personalised algorithm for optimising safe physical exercise as a physioprophylaxis.
The concept of the SMART system (shown in the presented Figure) includes the following components:
- "piconet" of external devices for monitoring the human condition, which serves as a data source for a smartphone;
- workstation - a smartphone with local software which allows you to read data from sensors, enter personal data, collect and pre-process data, communicate with the SMART server (i.e. a virtual system), present results and analyses, as well as provide feedback between the server and the system user;
- SMART server ensuring:
- communication with the workstations (smartphones) of individual users,
- communication with the weather server,
- data collection,
- expert logic,
- communication with supporting stations (service of a personal rehabilitator or doctor),
- dedicated user websites;
- a weather server with a meteorological module and a database.
IETU's task is to prepare a forecasting module for meteorological parameters that affect the body's efficiency.
Consortium implementing the project:
- COMFORTEL (Consortium Leader)
- Academy of Physical Education in Katowice
- Institute for Ecology of Industrial Areas
- Silesian University of Technology in Gliwice
Project duration: 06.2020 – 05.2022
Total project cost: 4 516 580 zł, w tym wartość dofinansowania: 3 575 060 zł
Grant agreement ID: UDA-RPSL.01.02.00-24-045E/19-00 z dnia 09.07.2020r.
Coordinator of Polish acivities in IETU - dr Janina Fudała, email:
Source of financing: Source of financing: European Regional Development Fund under the Regional Operational Programme for Silesian Voivodship 2014-2020